- Experiential Learning
Taking positive action towards an Earth Friendly Future by increasing the human understanding of the interconnectivity of all life.
Creating a safe and inclusive space for diverse community groups to connect with nature. Improving well-being by participation in hands on, outdoor learning, in beautiful native woodlands.
The objects of the organisation are:
- The Deer wood Trust manages Deer Wood the property in ways that are in keeping with ecological sustainability, permacultural principles, appropriate and balanced social needs, a robust and sound business plan and as outlined in its Woodland Management Plan paid for and endorsed by the Forestry Commission in 2013.
- The Deer Wood Trust will work on a not-for-profit basis- all proceeds raised will be used to run and further develop the work of The Deer Wood Trust.
- The Deer Wood Trust will always be run with a transparent equal opportunities policy. The social side of the work will always be done in a way that invites all people, from all backgrounds and walks of life, to come and be involved in organised woodland-based activities as long as the numbers of visitors are kept in ecologically sustainable numbers that don’t negatively impact on the woodland environment and its wildlife.
- The Deer Wood Trust and the Work in Deer Wood must only ever be run so that it generates an income in a way that enhances the local ecology and biodiversity and not at a cost to the environment.
- Deer Wood is always to be a place of example for sustainable woodland-based business, lifestyles and culture. It shall continue to run along the lines of Native Deciduous Forestry activities Permaculture, Forest Gardens and activities for the local and wider community.
- The Tree Nursery
- Wood fuel
- Charcoal Making
- Woodland Management
- Micro Mobile Sawmilling
- Green Oak Carpentry
- Earth Friendly Food courses
- And other activities for the socially disadvantaged as well as the wider local community.
THE DEER WOOD TRUST C.I.C.